[Eeglablist] Fwd: Applying ICA weight matrix on another dataset

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Fri Feb 22 13:40:34 PST 2013

Dear Maarten,

I asked it to Nima offline at SCCN B177E. He said categorically no because
ICA weight matrix is very dependent of the sphering matrix.

By the way you can download a function getMIR() which is included in the
amica toolbox downloadable from the following URL link:
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Amica_Download
This function would eventually tells you which W works better in terms of
mutual information reduction (this unmixing matrix W should be a product of
sphering matrix x ica weight matrix). Let us know if you find something
interesting.

Makoto

2013/2/22 Maarten De Schuymer <maartendeschuymer at gmail.com>

> Dear list,
>
> I am still trying to figure out which is the correct sphering matrix when
> applying ICA weights to another version of the same dataset.
> Is there an expert who can weight in on this issue?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Maarten De Schuymer

JSPS Postdoctral Fellow for Research Abroad