[Eeglablist] bad channel rejection - kurtosis - threshold limits default 5

ida miokovic ida.miokovic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 13:32:54 PST 2013

Dear Makoto,

thank you for so much patience with me.

My problem is that I can recognize component that has potential to be an
eye artifact or muscle artifact - but with Reject components by map. This
is acceptable after second ICA (re-running).

But after first ICA that is not recommended because than the problem with
the rank of the data occurs. In one of your answers (and later I found it
in other eeglablist discussions) there was a suggestion not to reject ICs
by map after first ICA but to use other methods where only bad epochs of
the ICs are rejected. In my previous mail I pasted the link suggestion to
use Reject data (all methods) for this. The problem I have is not knowing
the criteria for the good and the bad data in ICs (other than those seen by
visual inspection of the each component by map - which cannot be helpful
after first ICA). What are the limits of the parameters that should be
given in this "Reject data (all methods)"?

I hope I explained it better this time...

Ida