[Eeglablist] Plotting ERSP condition differences in STUDY

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Feb 25 18:39:38 PST 2013

Dear Pete,

This is what I wrote 5 days ago for a similar question to the list. I hope
this helps.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
If you don't mind doing a little hack here is description of how to do it.
Here I show you the case of ICA-based clustering, not channel, but they
should be more or less the same I guess (I hope).

1. Plot 'Edit/plot clusters.'
2. Show all ERSPs.
3. Close it by pressing 'ok'. This updates your STUDY.
4. You should be able to find STUDY.cluster(1,x).icaerspwhich is a cell
that contains group x condition data (each of them have the size of
frequency x timepoint).
5. You select pick them up to calculate subtraction. You can also find
frequency and time scales there.
6. FYI to plot time-frequency plot use 'imagesc(); axis xy'.

Sorry I can't provide exactly matched information. If you find this method
does not help much let me know.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Maybe I should write a little plug-in for this. Sorry for this apparent
inconvenience.

Makoto

2013/2/25 Pete Manza <pete.manza at gmail.com>

> Hello all,
>
> I know there have been several posts on this but I haven't been able to
> make sense of how to proceed with my own code, as I'm not an experienced
> MATLAB user.
>
> I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share some code for plotting
> the ERSP subtraction of conditions (i.e., Condition A - Condition B): at
> the single channel level and if possible, for scalp maps of the difference
> also.  (And, if it's necessary, code for precomputing the difference -- do
> you have to precompute the difference first in order to plot it?  There was
> some disagreement in one of the older threads I had seen.)
>
> I'm working within a STUDY design.  I'm not using ICA-based clusters, just
> channels.
>
> Thanks very much for the help!
> Pete Manza
> Stony Brook University

JSPS Postdoctral Fellow for Research Abroad