[Eeglablist] Question Regarding Impedance Problem

Kathryn Campbell kacey.a.campbell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 19:25:52 PST 2013

Hi,

I have a question regarding my impedance's when setting up for an EEG.  I
am using an EEG cap and I have had not problems getting my impedances down
to an acceptable level until last week.  My facial electrodes (eyes) seem
to be fine but my cap electrodes will not reduce impedance at all.  I have
tried giving them a clean with ivory wash instead of what I was using
previously and this seemed to help a bit- my impedances at least responded
when I filled the electrodes with gel.  However, in an effort to reduce my
impedances further, I went back to try to improve the ground connection.
After doing this, all impedances went back to terrible again and would not
respond to gel/abrasion attempts.  Any ideas what is going wrong?

Thanks
Kathryn