[Eeglablist] Clustering components of different groups of subjects with several tasks

Aleksandra Vuckovic Aleksandra.Vuckovic at glasgow.ac.uk
Wed Feb 27 01:59:00 PST 2013

Hi
I have three groups (patients) and three conditions, 9 variables in total. I am trying to cluster their ICA components and wonder if it is a good idea to create only one study. Different groups have (as expected) slightly different areas of cortical activation, so when I create a common cluster I can hardly get the same number of subjects from each group, so further comparison between conditions may be affected by different number of subjects in each group.

Has anybody faced a similar problem? Should I create separate studies for separate groups and then compare coordinates of similar clusters (does not seem like an optimal solution)

Many thanks,
Aleksandra