[Eeglablist] Biosemi reference- Re reference?

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Sat Mar 9 11:03:54 PST 2013

Dear Laura,

yes this is redundant. In any case, if you rerefence to the Mastoid when importing BIOSEMI data, the mastoid channel will be 0 (although it will be removed by the function that imports BIOSEMI data so you will not see that channel). So if you were to re-reference to that channel again, 0 would be removed from all data channels (in other words nothing would happen).

Now, if you reference to linked mastoid, the BIOSEMI function will keep the data channels - the two mastoid channels (note that this is a recent fix as the old function was removing such channels). If you were to reference again to these two channels, the data would be unchanged.

Thanks,

Arno