[Eeglablist] Internet-based musical engagement experiment participants needed.

Grace Leslie grace.leslie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 13:34:26 PST 2013

Dear EEGLAB List,

I'm in search of participants for an Internet-based survey experiment I am
running at SCCN as part of my dissertation project, "Measuring Musical
Engagement".

We have trained participants to communicate the feeling of music they are
hearing using simple rhythmic U-shaped hand/arm 'conducting' gestures that
animate the 2-D movement of a spot of light on a video display while we use
body motion capture and EEG to record their movements and brain activity.
We've then analyzed conductors' movement and EEG data to find movement and
brain dynamic patterns supporting the expression of musical feeling. We
wish to ask viewers to rate the recorded 2-D spot animations of the
recorded gestures on a musical emotion rating scale to test to what extent
the musical affective experience of the 'conductors' can be conveyed by
these animations to viewers who do not hear the music.

Should you choose to participate in this experiment, you will watch 28
short motion capture animations and then answer a couple multiple-choice
questions about each.

You can learn more about the survey (and participate) at the link below:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3XTF3KT

The survey takes 20-25 minutes to complete.

Thank you in advance!

Grace Leslie
UCSD