[Eeglablist] baseline removal when running 2 ICAs and frequency of interest finding

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 14:45:16 PST 2013

Hi Ida,

Your steps 1 to 4 seem fine, as long as you are feeding cleaned data to the
"ICA 1stTime" step.
After step 4, then you can follow basic steps to get ERP, single-trial,
frequency, and dipole info on the extra-clean data,
as described in the eeglab tutorial, and the many articles that use eeglab
and ICA for their analysis (you can find all of these on Google Scholar).
Note that there are many choices on how to drop bad epochs when doing your
step 4.

If you have not done the eeglab tutorial, it is recommended that you do it,
rather than using your fresh data to figure things out.
Once you figure out all basic functions and steps with sample data, then I
suggest pushing your data through some well-decided steps.

Regarding the "baseline removal" based on the Groppe article, you should
look more closely at those articles to determine exactly
what you are doing and why you are doing it. you may also want to contact
the author directly so you have good clarity.

Good luck with your process and looking forward to hearing of your success.

Best wishes,
Tarik