[Eeglablist] baseline removal when running 2 ICAs and frequency of interest finding

ida miokovic ida.miokovic at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 02:29:55 PST 2013

Dear eeglablist,

After reading through many q&a here on eeglab list, I found the recommended
literature of Groppe et al regarding baseline removal and went through it.

My initial plan was to run ICA on the epoched data 1st time, then to remove
bad trials (not the bad components) and then to run ICA second time after
which I will hopefully obtain better decomposition. Going through q&a, it
wasn't clear to me what is the procedure when ICA is applied 2 times. This
is short description of the steps as I understand them at the moment:
1. data epoching (without any baseline removal)
2. ICA 1st time
3. bad trials removal
4. ICA 2nd time
5. baseline correction on the whole epochs(?)

And also one more question, if I am interested into finding a certain
frequency presence in channels and ICs, is Tools --> Component spectra and
maps good option? In the field of "Freq.to analyze" I would put the one of
my interest and obtain the components (for example 5 of them) and the
channel with the highest power of frequency of my interest. I have to learn
more about dipfit, since I think I will actually need the source of the
signal of the certain frequency localization...

Thank you very much in advance,

Regards,

Ida