[Eeglablist] ERSP Analysis Question

Boissoneault, Jeff jboissoneault at UFL.EDU
Fri Mar 22 06:44:35 PDT 2013

Hello All,

Our lab recently transitioned from NeuroScan's proprietary suite to MATLAB/EEGLAB, and I feel comfortable using the software for ERPs. However, we would like to examine event related spectral perturbations in 1 s epochs (w/ 200ms baseline) extracted from recordings taken during a working memory task. The task consists of three trial blocks which vary by instruction set. The sampling rate is 500 Hz. In particular, we'd like to compare late alpha power from 500-650 ms and early gamma power from 100-200 ms between the three blocks.

I would really appreciate any insight into how we might best conduct the ERSP analysis. Thanks in advance for any help!

--
Jeff Boissoneault, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Associate