[Eeglablist] Time-frequency resoulution for ERSP using sinusoidal wavelets

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed Mar 27 10:19:31 PDT 2013

Dear Aleksandra,

For generating wavelet series, the current EEGLAB default uses dftfilt3().
Run this function as follows to see freqresol.

freqs   = [3 100];
cycles = [3 0.9];
srate   = 500;
[wavelet,cycles,freqresol,timeresol] = dftfilt3( freqs, cycles, srate);

This dftfilt3() was written by Rey Ramirez and he did a very good job. The
calculation is very clear and straightforward.

Makoto

2013/3/26 Aleksandra Vuckovic <Aleksandra.Vuckovic at glasgow.ac.uk>

>   Hi
> I suppose that this question has been already discussed, but I could not
> find it anywhere.
> When we calculate ERSP using sinusoidal wavelets with 3 cycles at the
> lowest frequency of 3Hz what is time-frequency resolution going to higher
> frequencies.
>
> Could you please give me the size of first several time-frequency windows?
>
> Many thanks,
> Aleksandra

JSPS Postdoctral Fellow for Research Abroad