[Eeglablist] ICA on continuous data - eye artifact component

ida miokovic ida.miokovic at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 06:33:00 PDT 2013

Dear list,

I run ICA on continuous data and now am interested into removal of the
components that represent eye and muscle artifacts (and some other if
recognized).
When I go through Tools --> Reject data using ICA --> Reject components by
maps there is possibility for me to see Activity power spectrum, 2D
location of component presence and time - trials diagram. Third mentioned
diagram is shown with dimensions: 200 trials and 810 ms on y and x axis
respectfully (image is in the attachment) - why exactly these values are
taken? Could I change those?

 Since it is IC1 that is shown, I expect it to be most likely an eye
artifact, but I am confused about the look of the third diagram - it does
not look like eye artifact should  and blinks are not visible as shown in
EEGLAB tutorial about ICA. Am I missing somenthing? maybe it is because of
only 800 ms of the dataset on x axis?

Thanks

Ida