[Eeglablist] Plotting standard error with std_plotcurve

Pete Manza pete.manza at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 10:02:44 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to plot a curveplot with the standard error shaded in around the
lines.  I got this to work once a while back with std_plotcurve but now I
keep getting errors.

The help page for std_plotcurve says the plotstderr function only works
under some data configurations, but I'm not sure what else to do.

I'm plotting three conditions (cuealpha11, cuealpha13, cuealpha31) that
have a 101x31 structure (31 subjects).  The times for the x-axis are in a
101x1 structure.

When I run this command:

std_plotcurve(cuetimes, {cuealpha11; cuealpha13; cuealpha31},
'plotconditions', 'together', 'plotstderr', 'on', 'figure', 'on');

I gut the following error message:

*??? Error using ==> fill
Vectors must be the same lengths.

Error in ==> fillcurves at 65
    h = fill(allpointsx, allpointsy, color);

Error in ==> std_plotcurve at 390
                            hold on; chandle = fillcurves( allx,
                            tmpdata(tmpi,:)-tmpstd(tmpi,:),
                            tmpdata(tmpi,:)+tmpstd(tmpi,:), tmpcol{tmpi});
hold on;*

What data structure does this need?  The plots for the curves come out just
fine, but I can't get the standard error shading.
Thanks very much,
Pete Manza
Stony Brook University