[Eeglablist] Rejected portions missing when saving to EDF

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 09:16:20 PDT 2013

Greetings Avinash,

Please let me know if the following helps you.

All the best!

First, please make sure you have taken the time to
   A. Read the EEGLAB tutorial and wiki
   B. search for your answer on the eeglab list archives
   C. Be familiar with all the options from the eeglab gui
       by practicing with the practice data provided online.

*
*
*
*
*Now, here is a simple solution that should work for you,*
*with steps you can do from the eeglab GUI.*
*
*
1. You clean your data, rejecting various portions, which make the total
file smaller.

2. Run ICA on the correctly cleaned data.

3. Now open your file with ICA.
Now open also your file before rejection [which has all the "rejected" data]
Make sure that both files have the same number of channels.

4. Now, go to Edit > Dataset info, and therein, apply the ICA information
from your clean ICA file to the File that has all the data including the
"rejected" periods.

Tarik Bel-Bahar, Postdoctoral Fellow
Perception, Performance & Psychophysiology Lab
tarik.777 at duke.edu/ 919 328 9573
Div. of Brain Stimulation and Neurophysiology
Dep. of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Duke University Medical Center, Duke Clinics
Red Zone, 5th Floor, Rm. 54236
200 Trent Drive, Durham, NC 27710