[Eeglablist] ERSP using baseline from a different condition

Nikola Vukovic vukovicnikola at gmail.com
Thu May 9 19:52:09 PDT 2013

Dear Makoto,

Thank you for your reply and advice. Let me see if I understand you
correctly - I should load the reference condition's .icaersp files for all
participants into Matlab, and then extract and average the compX_erspboot
variables (http://d.pr/i/aWPm)? This variable could then be used as the
argument of "powbase" in subsequent ERSP calculations?

Nikola

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 2:06 AM, Makoto Miyakoshi <mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu>wrote:

> Dear Nikola,
>
> This requires manual file operation outside EEGLAB.
> When you precompute ersp, EEGLAB generates design1_xxxxxx.icaersp. You can
> open them by 'load disign1_xxxxxx.icaersp -mat' and can find baseline
> values. Sorry this is only minimum information for the solution.
>
> Makoto
>

> 2013/5/2 Nikola Vukovic <vukovicnikola at gmail.com>
>
>> Dear EEGlab community,
>>
>> I am a beginner EEGlab user, and have a problem which was brought up a
>> couple of times before on the list, but for which I wasn't able to find a
>> clear solution.
>>
>> I'm working with a STUDY design, which contains datasets decomposed using
>> ICA, and their various components already clustered. I would like to find a
>> way to calculate ERSPs for a cluster where the baseline for my experimental
>> conditions of interest is taken from a separate condition (the "reference"
>> condition).
>>
>> So far, looking at the mailing list archives, I've been able to gather
>> that one can use the powbase variable to specify a baseline derived from
>> some other condition. However, all the posts I found also report issues
>> with being unable to get the format of the powbase matrix right, or
>> otherwise getting Matlab errors with their customized script.
>>
>> I would be extremely grateful to anyone who can provide hints or scripts
>> which would help me solve this issue. Saying that I'm inexperienced with
>> eeglab coding would probably be the understatement of the year, but I am
>> willing to follow any leads as to how to proceed. I presume there must be a
>> way to calculate ERSP for a component cluster, selecting only my reference
>> condition in the Study design, and then from this somehow extract the
>> baseline values which could be used for calculating ERSP in other
>> conditions?
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Nikola

>> eeglablist-request at sccn.ucsd.edu