[Eeglablist] Data Collection - Average Reference

Becky Prince becky.prince at york.ac.uk
Wed May 15 03:33:02 PDT 2013

Dear Balaji,

I'm also an ANT Neuro EEG system user, and I've actually been wondering the
same thing, so thanks for asking!  Our data is recorded with average
reference by default, and I don't re-reference the data after collection.
 I'm not sure if anyone else does things this way, and under what
circumstances the data should be re-referenced after collection.  Also,
I've been wondering if my averaged ERP waveforms look different from those
typically reported in the literature because of differences in the way that
ERPs are referenced (e.g. linked ears or mastoids rather than average).
 Hopefully someone who knows more about this can enlighten us both!

Best,
Becky

PhD candidate
Department of Psychology