[Eeglablist] Question on EEGLAB tutorial

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Fri Jun 7 13:38:59 PDT 2013

Dear Venkatesh,

Check out Delorme et al., 2007 NeuroImage.
What I would suggest is
1. Before ICA, threshold data with +/- 300-500 uV. See to it that it does
NOT catch eye blinks.
2. Run ICA.
3. If you want, apply improbability test with SD 6-8 for each channel and
2-3 for all channels.
Through these steps, reject 1-5% of data; if you think you have to discard
more than 10%, you may got an unfortunate data (but still ok). If you have
to discard more than 30% of the data, that is no good according to the
guideline paper (Picton et al., 2000 Psychophysiology)... but that's still
not the law though.

Makoto