[Eeglablist] dB / mV inconsistencies

Chrissy Lackner cl02zz at brocku.ca
Mon Jul 1 17:09:33 PDT 2013

EEGlab list,
I have inherited a set of longitudinal EEG data from a colleague, and
it seems as though there was an error made while recording the data
during one of the two time points for one participant. The dB and uV
are WAY off for time one. They are not even comparable to the uV for
time two, or comparable to any other subject at time 1. It does look
like there is meaningful data underlying all of this, and I am hoping
someone can help me figure out a way to extract all of this data so I
don't have to loose this participant.

I've uploaded here  (http://db.tt/fqCZK0xM OR here
http://db.tt/sXxiYREU)  a screenshot of their time one data (note the
scale on the bottom right and the odd TF decomposition) as well as
their time two data (normal).

I have tried re-referencing to average, refiltering, removing the
'real' channel mean as discussed in a previous list message:

> % remove *real* channel mean
>      for numChans = 1:size(EEG.data,1);
>      EEG.data(numChans, :) = single(double(EEG.data(numChans, :)) -
> mean(double(EEG.data(numChans, :))));
>     end

And finally I've tried normalizing (zscoring the data). This last
approach seems promising, although it means that I'd have to
re-process all other participants in this manner. Perhaps there is a
way to scale down the uV in a way that I haven't come across?

  Any ideas?
  Thanks for your help.
  Chrissy

  Chrissy Lackner, MSc
  PhD Candidate, Behavioural Neuroscience
  Brock University | Psychology Department
  Niagara Region   |  500 Glenridge Ave.  |  St. Catharines, ON  L2S 3A1
  brocku.ca | T  905 688 5550  x5511