[Eeglablist] dB / mV inconsistencies

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Jul 15 11:02:27 PDT 2013

Dear Chrissy,

If I were you I would z-score the data too.

z-scoring by definition subtract means so you don't need to do it manually.
Matlab command zscore does (X-mean(X))./std(X) so what you need to do is
EEG.data = single(zscore(double(EEG.data), 0, 2));
is the data are continuous (see also 'help zscore').
After zscoring the data you may want to make the variance matched by
rescaling to the other dataset.

Before zscoring, you may also want to clean the data (i.e. discarding huge
artifacts) so that std estimation works better.

Makoto