[Eeglablist] Creating new events

Sid Henriksen sindre.henriksen.09 at aberdeen.ac.uk
Tue Jul 9 08:21:53 PDT 2013

Dear Arti,

After you have epoched, your trigger data is stored in
EEG.event(i).type, where i denotes the ith epoch, and which place in the
sequence of triggers it had is stored in EEG.event(i).urevent.
EEG.urevent contains all of the triggers with their respective latencies
used in your experiment. One solution to your problem would be to epoch
with 32 as the event, and then run this code:

for i = 1:length(EEG.event)
     EEG.event(i).cond = EEG.urevent(EEG.event(i).urevent-1).type
end

This code should iterate through all your epochs, and assign the value
of the trigger preceding your epoch trigger (32) to EEG.event(i).cond.
When you subsequently do your ERPs or time-freq analysis, just make sure
you group your data according to the EEG.event(i).cond.

Best,
Sid