[Eeglablist] Problem running ICA: rank of data lower than the number of input data channels

Mikołaj Magnuski imponderabilion at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 15:46:51 PDT 2013

Dear Caro,

The message you are seeing is because of the channel reconstruction you
performed.
As I just replied to one question on the list with text that is relevant to
your problem, I paste it here (with small modifications) for you:

By interpolating/reconstructing channels you are decreasing the linear
independency of the channels and this is where the rank-deficiency problem,
discussed several times on the list, emerges (you can learn some more on
this by searching the list archive). It is better to interpolate channels
after ICA. Actually - EEGlab produces a warning when interpolation is
performed on data without ICA weights.