[Eeglablist] Three EEGLAB questions

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 13:00:29 PDT 2013

Here some simple code you could use (independently of EEGlab):

Suppose EEG1 is time series 1 and EEG2 is time series 2, also supposed you
want to compare phase coherence in the delta band (you can change this for
any band you want):

samp_f=500; % sampling frequency
wd=[0.5 4]/(samp_f/2); % filter setting for delta band, 0.5-4 Hz
[b,a]=butter(4,wd); % butter filter
FEEG1=filtfilt(b,a,EEG1); % filtering time series 1
FEEG2=filtfilt(b,a,EEG2); % filtering time series 2
PhaseEEG1=angle(hilbert(FEEG1))+pi;% phase for EEG1
PhaseEEG2=angle(hilbert(FEEG2))+pi;% phase for EEG2

PhasePD=(PhaseEEG1-PhaseEEG2)./PhaseEEG2*100; % percentage difference
% between EEG1 and EEG2 relative to EEG2 phase.

PhasePD would be another time series with same sampling frequency of EEG1
and EEG2 and it would give you a simple measure of the phase coherence
between the two series.

Giovanni