[Eeglablist] Three EEGLAB questions

John Kounios john.kounios at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 11:08:58 PDT 2013

Rob,

Don't be so hard on coherence.  Ordinarily, it is contaminated by EMG
artifact and volume conduction.  However, if you re-reference to Laplacian
first, then EMG artifact is virtually eliminated from non-peripheral
electrodes (see recent IEEE paper by Fitzgibbon et al.) and volume
conduction is also virtually eliminated (see various papers by Nunez,
Srinivasan, and colleagues).  But you need to use a dense electrode array
to do this effectively.

Regards,
John

*