[Eeglablist] ICA question

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Fri Oct 4 16:39:52 PDT 2013

Dear Francesca,

For runica(), use pca option. Type this to the option box which should have
'extended', 1 already:
'pca', 10

However keep in mind that it's better to select largest GOOD 10 ICs out of
111 than reduce dimension to 10. Using 10 ICs out of 111 does NOT mean you
are using 9% of the data because the ICs are sorted by order of variance
i.e. IC1 is typically 100 times larger in variance than IC35. The largest
good 10 ICs would surely account for more than 50% of your data. Use
envtopo() function which you can find in the main GUI 'Plot'-'Component
ERPs'-'With component maps' to test percent variance accounted for (pvaf).

Makoto