[Eeglablist] runica vs binica

Brian Coffman bcoffman at mrn.org
Tue Oct 22 15:07:31 PDT 2013

Hello EEGLAB users,
While we're at it, it would be useful to round out the discussion with a
comparison of these methods with SOBI and amica as well...

>From my testing of the various algorithms, I have found the results to be
quite similar between binica and runica. I have also found the results from
amica to be preferable to runica/binica, though it does take some time and
processing capacity to run the algorithm. I am currently testing fastica
and SOBI algorithms, but have no results to share at the moment.

Thanks!

-Brian Coffman, M.S.
Research Associate, The Mind Research Network
Doctoral Candidate, The University of New Mexico

Phone: (505) 336-0606
Fax: (505) 272-7011

"I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body.
Then I realized who was telling me this."
  - Emo Phillips