[Eeglablist] simple question about epoch and event

Min Sheng Min.Sheng at utsouthwestern.edu
Fri Oct 25 13:53:17 PDT 2013

Dear all,

I am new to EEG process, I am a little confused about the epoch and the event. When I use eeglab to extract epochs from raw data, I thought the number of   event and the epoch should be the same, but it didn't. For example,  if I extracted 'S32' epochs and generated new data set, it showed that the number of epochs is 755 while the number of events is 758. However, the VMRK file shows the number of 'S32' should be 756. It happened when there were some  other markers mixed (like 'buffer overflow') during the recording.

Best regards,

Min sheng

UT Southwestern Medical Center
The future of medicine, today.