[Eeglablist] Comparison of statistical and correction methods in Eeglab

Michal Vavrecka vavrecka at fel.cvut.cz
Wed Nov 6 02:12:06 PST 2013

Dear Arno,

thanks for useful comment and sorry for the delay.

On 27.9.2013 22:02, Arnaud Delorme wrote:
> Dear Michal,
>
> very nice.
>
> On thing you would do is to use the cluster correction algorithm on you 2-D matrix (time x channels), otherwise you p-value are not corrected for multiple comparison across time points.
I am not aware of cluster correction algorithms either in Eeglab or in
general EEG processing. Can you provide me some info (Matlab function or
code example) how to apply it to time x channel matrix?

> You might also want to fix the scale for the ERSP. You could also avoid plotting the contour lines for the values in topoplot, as this could be distracting during the animation. Finally, you could try to apply a 2-D convolution (conv2 function) to smooth values before rendering them and avoid sharp changes
Thanks for advices, I am going to incorporate them in the code.

> (bear in mind, the movie will be not statistically perfectly valid though).
The video is proposed to help to "look where and when" interesting
things happens for further visualisations. What do you consider as "not
perfect"? Are there problems with short time periods or there are some
mathematical limitations of this method?

Thanks for your answer

Michal