[Eeglablist] changing the reference electrode for use the SIFT toolbox

Tim Mullen mullen.tim at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 14:36:06 PST 2013

Thanks John! Glad you find it useful.

answers below:

i) This line replaces a point estimate of the connectivity estimator
(computed from all available trials) by the expected value of the estimator
obtained from the bootstrap distribution. You can think of the bootstrap
distribution (PConn_boot) as a "plugin" for the population distribution of
the connectivity estimator. Under mild assumptions, this converges to the
population distribution as the number of bootstrap "iterations" (samples)
tends to infinity. So the mean, variance, quantiles, and other statistics
of this distribution are the quantities of interest. That being said, you
could also just use the original point estimate. This represents a
particular sample from the bootstrap distribution -- the (very low
probability) case where you happened to draw each trial exactly once when
sampling with replacement to construct the surrogate dataset for a given
bootstrap iteration.

ii) The non-parametric (surrogate) statistical routines are equally valid
for all of the connectivity measures. The parametric (analytic) tests are
applicable for PDC, nPDC, RPDC.

Best,
Tim

--