[Eeglablist] Error STUDY: Cannot compute ERSPS because datasets do not have the same number of data points

Laan, L.N. van der (Nynke) L.N.vanderLaan at uu.nl
Thu Nov 14 06:26:15 PST 2013

Hello all,

I am using EEGlab to calculate and plot grand mean ERP's (over multiple subjects) for two conditions. However, when I precompute the channel measures I get a message saying: 'Cannot compute ERSPS because datasets do not have the same number of data points'. Afterwards I am not able to plot the channel measures (nothing happens) so I guess that the channel measures were not precomputed.

Some background information: The input datasets for the study are epoched (and preprocessed/filtered/etc.) so for each subject I have two files (Subject1_conditionA and Subject1_conditionB). I have not performed ICA.

The only thing that I want is an ERPimage from both conditions (for a few channels of interest).

Does anyone know what is causing the problem? Is it a problem when the number of epochs is not equal (i.e., in some subjects I have 1-2 more trials of condition A or B)?

Best regards,
Nynke