[Eeglablist] Moving ICA info to a different data set

Becky Prince becky.prince at york.ac.uk
Mon Dec 2 07:37:18 PST 2013

Dear EEGLAB users,

I ran ICA on clean, epoched subsets of my individual data sets with the
goal of using the ICA decomposition from each subject on their larger
continuous data set.  So for each subject, I have a cleaned, epoched,
smaller EEG set with ICA (EEG1) and a larger, continuous EEG set without
ICA (EEG2). Now I'd like to copy each subject's ICA info from EEG1 into
EEG2, and continue analysis on the EEG2 data sets for each subject.

I have a few questions:

1. Should I reject the artifactual ICs before or after copying the ICA
fields into the EEG2 data set?  Does the order of these steps matter?

2. If there are fewer channels in EEG1 (set with ICA), should I reject the
same channels in EEG2 before copying the ICA fields into the EEG2 data
structure?  Again, does the order of these steps matter?

BTW I have been reading the previous posts about rejected/interpolated
channels and ICA, so I'm somewhat familiar with the issues running ICA on
only the 'good' channels.

Thanks!
Becky

Becky Gilbert (nee Prince)