[Eeglablist] Problems with triggers with nihon-kohden Neurofax 1200

Rita Peralta anaritaperalta at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 01:16:22 PST 2013

Dear list
In my lab we are starting to implement ERP recording so I apologize for the possible simplicity of this problem.
We use Nihon-Kohden Neurofax 1200. We had a lot of problems with our technical support to be able to record the triggers from eprime into the EEG file. Finally he proposed a cable that works as the event marker that we are using for this communication. However, we have realized that the timing of the recorded events in the EEG file is slightly variable (150-30 msecs difference from the eprime output). Also, this cable only permits 1 type of output and it is not possible to differentiate between different sets of stimulus.
Is anyone using this type of EEG system for ERP recording? if so, can you please tell us how can we improve the eprime-neurofax communication?
Thank you for your help
Rita Peralta