[Eeglablist] Repairing non-stereotyped artifacts using using the Automatic Artifact Removal (AAR) toolbox

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed May 14 16:20:55 PDT 2014

> I was curious about whether it is possible to include different frequency
ranges (delta, alpha...) in component clustering seperately.

You can specify the freq range in ERSP when preclustering. However, if you
want to include multiple ranges, that's impossible. Also, if you want to
test the difference across freq ranges, you need to repeat preclustering
separately for each range, and the results should be treated as separate
too. You can't do multiple frequency range clustering with different
weights etc.

> I am confused since the spectra (plot spectra) remains the same
independently of the 'frequrange'(?) I add. However, on the matlab file
(Study-cluster, specdata) the frequency-bins change correspondingly.

I don't understand this. Is this a spectrum curve or ERSP? Please tell us
more details.

> By the way, what information does the file "specfreqs" contain?

I don't to know off the top of my head...Which function takes this option,
do you know?

> Dear Makoto
>
> Thanks for the insightful inputs.
>
> I guess 'timerange' [min max] is the spectopo parameter for including a
> power baseline.
>
> Thanks for referring to the code for exporting grouped frequency values.
> However, I was curious about whether it is possible to include different
> frequency ranges (delta, alpha...) in component clustering seperately. This
> might be advantageous since less tests (per Hz) have to be done,
> decrasing the number of multiple corrections. I am confused since the
> spectra (plot spectra) remains the same independently of the
> 'frequrange'(?) I add. However, on the matlab file (Study-cluster,
> specdata) the frequency-bins change correspondingly.
>
> By the way, what information does the file "specfreqs" contain?
>
> Lars

>>> size(EEG.icaact,1)
>>> EEG.nbchan