[Eeglablist] Sampling rate

Stephen Politzer-Ahles spa268 at nyu.edu
Mon Jun 30 20:22:17 PDT 2014

Hi Mori,

In addition to what Makoto pointed out, your new sampling rate needs to be
at or above the Nyquist rate to avoid aliasing---a good rule of thumb is
the sampling rate should be at least 3 times higher than the
highest-frequency signal in the data. So if you low-pass at 40 Hz, for
example, the sampling rate should not be below 120 Hz. Personally, I like
to use 1000 Hz because that just makes the data easy to work with (1 sample
is 1 ms), although that could result in very large files for long
experiments.

Best,
Steve

Stephen Politzer-Ahles