[Eeglablist] Sampling rate

mori larin morilarin88 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 07:14:34 PDT 2014

Dear Makoto and Stephen,

Thank you for your detailed responses.
I agree with you about using an integral multiple of the the original
sampling rate (5000Hz) such as 250Hz and it is higher enough than the
highest-frequency
signal in the data (low pass filtering at 40 Hz).
However, I have been told by someone to use 256Hz which is 2^8. Is there
any reason behind choosing such number?
Unfortunately I don't have that person's contact details and I am not sure
about any logical reason to use 256Hz.

Regards,
Mori