[Eeglablist] EEG device data quality and electrode placement

Robert Willis robertwillison1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 08:16:24 PDT 2014

Dear friends,

I'm new to this list and to EEG research.I have several elementary
questions.
It would be great if you could share some of your experience with me.

I'm starting a research project that utilizes EEG to better understand
humans sleep quality.

1. What is the minimum number of electrodes that should be used and their
locations to successfully detect sleep cycles and their characteristics
such as alpha, theta, spindles and k-complex?
2. Are there any ways to evaluate and measure the quality of signals that
are received from a device?
3. Can you recommend on an inexpensive EEG device which you think can
provide quality data for researching ERP and sleep cycles.

Best regards,
Robert