[Eeglablist] EGI 64-channel system to 10-10 international system

Iman M.Rezazadeh irezazadeh at ucdavis.edu
Tue Aug 5 10:57:51 PDT 2014

Hi,
If you want to change an EEG recoding montage to a standard montage ( for
example , standard 81 or 27 channel montage from BESA) , you should:
-	Download the Interpmont toolbox from here and copy it into the
EEGLAB plug-in folder
-	Have a standard montage- I have copied the standard 27 and
81-channel montages (an SFP file) which I have taken from BESA software. It
should be noted that you should take out the fuducial channels and change
'Nz' label to sth else like 'Nz1' from the SFP file.
-	Use the following command lines

outEEG=pop_interpmont(EEG,desired_montage_electrode_location_file',  ..
..'manual','off');
pop_save(outEEG)
About the Interpmont toolbox by James Desjardins [jdesjardins at brocku.ca] -
It is an EEGLAB extension for interpolating recording locations. Utilities
include changing current locations to fit a model surface (warplocs),
Interpolating current data to locations in a coordinate file (interpmont)
and re-referencing to the average interpolated site from a coordinate file
(interpref).  Once you have the extension folder extracted into the EEGLAB
plugins folder use " Tools > Interpolate to coordinate file > interpolate
the data to sites in a coordinate file". In the GUI select an EEGLAB
recognized coordinate file and then in the "Optional inputs" edit box enter
<'manual','on'> (this will allow you to co-register your loaded data set
chanlocs coordinates to the surface of the new coordinate file [if they are
not already on the same surface]).
-Best
Iman

Iman M.Rezazadeh, Ph.D

Research Associate II
Semel Intitute, UCLA , Los Angeles
& Center for Mind and Brain, UC DAVIS, Davis