[Eeglablist] How to deal with ICA Weights Changes for the Same EEG Dataset

shouyi wang shouyisxty at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 01:19:17 PDT 2014

Hi All,
I just started to use EEGLAB to performa ICA study. However, I notice
that the ICA weights changed (many weights changed slightly and some
weights changed significantly) if I run 'Run ICA' several times for
the same EEG dataset. As a results, when I do artifacts removal with
ADJUST plugin. The rejected components can also change due to the ICA
weights changes.

I checked the 'runica' codes, there are several places using random
generating numbers. I think that may be the major reason for the ICA
weights changes run each time. I wonder how can we deal with the ICA
weights changes? or I did something wrong here? Hope to get some
suggestions here? Thanks a lot!

regards,
Shouyi