[Eeglablist] peak latency analysis

Stephen Politzer-Ahles spa268 at nyu.edu
Mon Aug 11 15:32:40 PDT 2014

Hi Angel,

I don't know if EEGLAB/STUDY has built-in options, but you can get a peak
latency for any subject on any channel using MATLAB code, something like
the following:

channel_idx = 4; % use channel 4 (for example) for the peak latency
time_window = [300 500]; % use the N400 time window (for example)
samples = find(EEG.times >= time_window(1) & EEG.times <= time_window(2));
% the samples to test
data = EEG.data( channel_idx, samples ); % pull out the data for this
channel and time window
peak_latency = EEG.times( samples( find( data==max(data) )  ) ); % get the
peak latency in this window (max() can be replaced with min() for a
negative peak)

Best,
Steve

Stephen Politzer-Ahles