[Eeglablist] Suggestion for using appropriate statistical tool for EEG data

Stephen Politzer-Ahles spa268 at nyu.edu
Mon Aug 18 16:29:01 PDT 2014

Hello Chaitanya,

Correlation is only appropriate for designs where the independent variable
is continuous; if you are comparing two conditions, then you should use a
t-test, ANOVA or non-parametric test. This study sounds like it has a very
basic design, so you can find similar statistical methods in many papers.
For more general introductions to ERP statistics see Luck (2005), Handy
(2005), Maris & Oostenveld (2007), Maris (2011), among others.

Stephen Politzer-Ahles
New York University, Abu Dhabi
Neuroscience of Language Lab
http://www.nyu.edu/projects/politzer-ahles/