[Eeglablist] EEG-compatible earphones

Archana Singh sine.arc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 05:42:46 PDT 2014

Dear All

What kind of earphones do you use during your EEG experiments?  I am
looking for suggestions as I have recently had problems with the earphones
I used - it adds the 50 Hz noise. I have used a standard Etymotic Research
(not ER series ) - it was effective in masking the noise but it interfered
with EEG signal. I have used an inexpensive type of ear phone for months
without any problems, but now this too is interfering with the EEG signal.
I would like to know if anyone has used Etymotic ER2 / ER3 tube phones,
or Sennheiser PMX 200? They  are the only  recommendations  I could find
for EEG on google. Thanks in advance for sharing your views.

Archana

Archana K Singh,
ERATO Researcher,
Functional and Chemosensory brain imaging group
Department of Applied Biological Chemistry
Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences
The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113-8657
(tel)+81-3-5841-5590, (fax)+81-3-5841-8024
(email) archana at mail.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp