[Eeglablist] Channel Locations for BioSemi- Off centre problem

Liat l.levita at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu Aug 21 02:29:03 PDT 2014

Hello dear all,

I have seen a few posts about issues importing Biosemi Channel coordinates to EEGLab. Following another post, I have made some progress in doing this (created a .txt file to upload locations, which I hope is correct)

Method used:

1. Typed following command

 pop_chanedit(readlocs('biosemi_eloc.txt', 'format', { 'labels' 'sph_theta_besa' 'sph_phi_besa' }, 'skiplines', 1))

'biosemi_eloc.txt’ – File containing biosemi coordinates and electrode locations names - at end of message pasted in what is in that text file.
2. A pop_chanedit() GUI will come up – press Okay

3.  A pop_chanedit() GUI will come up – which now contain the Biosemi coordinate space (as specified in the text file). Now you can save this information as a  .ced file (also attached), which I can be used to edit the location channels more easily in the future.

However,  but when I plot (2D) I can see some channel locations off the model head, most look okay, but some seem to be to be positioned to much to left (out of the head), even though CZ does seem to be in the middle. How does one fix this? and is this a real problem? The 3D looks okay.

Thank you for your help in advance,

Liat

PS.

biosemi_eloc.txt’