[Eeglablist] BINICA problem

Kathleen Van Benthem kathy_vanbenthem at carleton.ca
Thu Sep 4 06:48:24 PDT 2014

Hello,
I am trying to use Binica and have added paths where indicated in icadefs.m
and the linux path.
It appears that the correct directory and files are being accessed.
 However, the floatwrite file is not able to be saved.

I am working on a MAC and have used the GUI and the command line methods.

GUI
twrite error: "Cannot write output file, check permission and space"

Matlab windown output:
Warning: If the binary ICA function does not work, check that you have
added the
binary file location (in the EEGLAB directory) to your Unix /bin directory
(.cshrc file)
binica: using source file
'/Users/kvbenthem/Documents/eeglab13_3_2b/functions/sigprocfunc/binica.sc'
binica(): using binary ica file '?/ica_osx'
binica(): processing 2 (flag, arg) pairs.
   setting lrate, 0.001
   setting extended, 1
scriptfile = binica4039.sc

I have also tried running Binica from the command line as per this code:

EDU>> [wts,sph] = binica(EEG.data(:,:), 'extended', 1);
EEG.icaweights = wts;
EEG.icasphere = sph;
EEG = eeg_checkset(EEG, 'ica');
eeglab redraw

This is the output:
binica: using source file
'/Users/kvbenthem/Documents/eeglab13_3_2b/functions/sigprocfunc/binica.sc'
binica(): using binary ica file '?/ica_osx'
binica(): processing one (flag, arg) pair.
   setting extended, 1
scriptfile = binica9001.sc
Error using floatwrite (line 80)
Cannot write output file, check permission and space

Error in binica (line 218)
      floatwrite(data,tmpdata);

Thanks for any help here.  I have quite a few files to run ICA on and was
hoping to speed things up.
Kathy

Kathleen (Kathy) Van Benthem M.H.S., B.Sc.O.T
Carleton University, Institute of Cognitive Science,
Ph.D. Candidate, VSIM Building
Phone:  (613) 613-355-2515
kathy_vanbenthem at carleton.ca
ACE LAB: http://www2.carleton.ca/ace <http://www2.carleton.ca/ace>