[Eeglablist] Research Assistant Position Available in the Neurophysiology Lab at Kennedy Krieger Institue
lakshmanan at kennedykrieger.org
Thu Apr 10 14:46:07 PDT 2014
Located in Baltimore, MD, Kennedy Krieger Institute is an internationally recognized institution dedicated to improving the lives of children and adolescents with pediatric developmental disabilities and disorders of the brain, spinal cord and musculoskeletal system, through patient care, special education, research, and professional training. The Institute has an opening for a Research Assistant in the Cognitive Neurophysiology (EEG/ERP) Laboratory.
The Research Assistant collaborates with the PI and collaborators on specific research projects. Because the technology and research goals in the Neurophysiology Lab are diverse, the Research Assistant must be detail oriented, technically competent, an effective communicator and an independent problem solver. The duties performed by the Research Assistant include but are not limited to collaboration on experimental design/troubleshooting, electrophysiological (EEG) and behavioral data collection, and data analysis. The position requires the incumbent to work as part of a research team, train students, trainees and staff, as well demonstrate a considerable degree of independence to perform diverse duties related to collecting, analyzing and archiving data.
1. Conducting EEG & behavioral experiments and collect data from research subjects, including children with disabilities.
2. Processing and analyzing EEG data.
3. Troubleshooting and resolving conflicts during the setup of new experiments.
4. Training new students on all aspects of the research protocols.
5. Attending and participating in research activities involving, but not limited to, grant preparation, manuscript preparation, quality control issues, and protocol development or revision and when necessary prepare and presents routine and incremental updates on relevant projects.
6. Enhancing professional growth and development through case conferences, educational programs, in-service meetings, workshops, conferences, and seminars, including preparation of abstracts and manuscripts for publication.
7. Documenting the results of ongoing studies, including submissions to conferences, peer-reviewed publications, and grants.
Minimum B.A. / B.S./ B.E. in an appropriate discipline (e.g., biology, neuroscience, psychology, biomedical engineering, computer science, physics). At least one year working in a research laboratory. Experience with at least one programming language (preferably MATLAB) is strongly preferred.
To apply go to https://jobs-kennedykrieger.icims.com and enter the Job ID # 63743
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/ProtectedVet
The materials in this e-mail are private and may contain Protected Health Information. Please note that e-mail is not necessarily confidential or secure. Your use of e-mail constitutes your acknowledgment of these confidentiality and security limitations. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return e-mail.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the eeglablist