[Eeglablist] Rereference

Eric HG erichg2013 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 14:44:35 PDT 2014

Dear list,

I have read the tutorial on the site and it says: "Converting data, before
analysis, from fixed or common reference (for example, from a common
earlobe or other channel reference) to 'average reference' is advocated by
some researchers, particularly when the electrode montage covers nearly the
whole head (as for some high-density recording systems)."

I have data collected with a mastoid reference and I was wondering in which
cases it would be considered best to rereference to the average? Are there
any specific papers about rereferencing that anyone would recommend?

Regards,

Eric