[Eeglablist] Rereference

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Oct 2 10:00:14 PDT 2014

Dear Eric,

I have the same question for long time. In my case, because I run ICA and
remain in IC analysis and almost never come back to channels, I really
wonder if I need re-referencing at all.

I've heard Jason Palmer, who wrote AMICA for EEGLAB, say average reference
before ICA is necessary, but he did not give me a clear explanation for
that. Scott wanted to know it too, but we were interrupted at that time.
Next time I'll ask it to him (when I ever see him in the lab...)

Makoto