[Eeglablist] question about shieldroom specifications

Archana Singh sine.arc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 22:20:06 PDT 2014

Dear All,

I  hope that some of you have experience with construction of electric
shielding room for your EEG experiments. I am negotiating with shieldroom
companies for our new EEG lab.
I would like to know how to interpret the shielding cutoff specifications.
I have received various shielding specifications as follows. I know 40dB
would be sufficient for our purpose, but I would like to know what does the
cutoff in Hz represent.

100K-30MHz / 40dB
10-30MHz  / 80dB
500k-500MHz / 40dB

Best,
Archana

Archana Singh,
ERATO Researcher,
Functional and Chemosensory brain imaging group
Department of Applied Biological Chemistry
Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences
The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113-8657