[Eeglablist] Question about EEG statistics

David Ryan ryand1 at goldmail.etsu.edu
Wed Oct 22 09:48:39 PDT 2014

Hello Eric,
It would be more appropriate to use a repeated measures ANOVA. Are you
using SPSS? If so, I would use GLM -> repeated measures, with each
condition as a factor with two levels (pre, post).

Good Luck,
Dave

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 4:46 PM, Eric HG <erichg2013 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> If you have a 3x2 within subject design (3 conditions and 2 groups (pre
> and post) - each participant come in three times and EEG was recorded pre
> and post).
>
> Is it possible to use a t-test for each condition (pre vs post)? And then
> be able to say something about the changes during each condition? Or is it
> more appropriate to use a within subject ANOVA?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Eric

David Ryan M.A.
Doctoral Candidate, Experimental Psychology
Brain-Computer Interface Laboratory
East Tennessee State University
Laboratory*:* 423.439.6924
Website: http://www.etsu.edu/cas/bcilab