[Eeglablist] Steps for extracting ERD from EEG for two conditions
samarrai.a at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 6 08:45:24 PDT 2014
I assume using the 'Simple ERP Study' will not extract ERD plots and
magnitudes from raw EEG data?
In which case would the best way to do this in EEGLAB be:
1) First remove artefacts
2) Then epoch the data
3) Filter between 7Hz and 25Hz using the FIR filter
4) Use a single plot for each person (and not averaging the ERD - I hear
this can cancel the actual plot even if the trial start times were the same
- due to the ERD time delay being naturally different from trial to trial).
5) Do a spectral plot and using the power value compare the ERD max value
of each person / or doing a time plot and using the cross hairs to find the
6) If I then want to compare two sets of ERD plots for two conditions, I
should then use the above filtered epoched ERD in a 'Study' and then Plot
Channel Measures to find the p-value?
Sorry I am new to this.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the eeglablist