[Eeglablist] Importing .mat Data

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed Oct 29 13:22:50 PDT 2014

Dear Mostafa,

> 1) clear to me which of these numbers means epoch and the frame per epoch
in EEGLAB.

EEGLAB's EEG.data is ch x datapoints. When it is epoched, ch x datapoints x
epochs.

> 2) When I try to import this file to EEGLAB from file-->import
data-->Matlab array even i put the number of channels 18 after importing
it, the information about data load in a bad way. I get these information
channels per frame  36
frames per epoch     18
epochs    10
How can I import my data correctly?

Without checking with Matlab,

for subj = 1:36
tmpSubj = squeeze(data(subj, :,:,:)); % extract one subject at a time and
remove singleton dimension
tmpSubj = permute(tmpSubj, 1,3,2); % swap data dimensions to fit EEG.data
format
% and use EEGLAB import function here to import tmpSubj to the data
% and save the current data into .set file with appropriate names
end

Makoto