[Eeglablist] about using the tip of nose as reference channel

James Jones-Rounds jj324 at cornell.edu
Fri Oct 24 07:22:42 PDT 2014

Hi Hui-bin,

I just want to add that I typically leave my HEOG and VEOG channels IN the
data that's fed into the ICA. Leaving them in helps the ICA find the
eye-movement related components. It seemed like Makoto was agreeing with
you that you should remove the HEOG and VEOG channels pre-ICA.

However, one distinction is that my EOG channels are around the outer edge
of each eye, not on the tip of the nose, and my offline reference channels
are the mastoid channels, which I do typically remove pre-ICA. So if you're
worried about eye-movement contamination in your tip-of-the-nose reference
channel, then it's probably good to remove it pre-ICA.

Not sure if that helps at all!

James

--
James Jones-Rounds